For many schools, converting to Academy status offers new opportunities – but it is a complicated process that may also present significant new challenges.
At HWB Chartered Accountants, we specialise in guiding business managers, bursars and the finance team through the accounting, VAT, and audit requirements of becoming an Academy.
We are currently working with some of the top schools in the region to ensure that these matters are dealt with efficiently and expertly – leaving them more time to manage the school’s finances.
We are proud to currently act as auditors and advisers to over 45% of the schools in Hampshire that have converted to Academy status.
We advise on a full range of services to ensure each school is fully compliant with the law and can make the most of its new-found financial freedom.
Our dedicated team of education sector specialists is on hand with expert advice and guidance so we can meet the needs of each school. The services we offer include:
- Annual accounts preparation (in accordance with the Academies Account Direction and the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice)
- Annual audit
- Specialist returns to the Education Funding Agency including Accounts Returns and Budget Forecasts and Teachers' Pension Scheme End of Year Certification audits
- Responsible Officer (RO) assistance
- Specialist VAT advice
- Advice in respect of trading subsidiaries and multi academy trusts
- Accounting software advice and support
For a chat about how our services can help your school, speak to Richard Hurst our Academies expert on 023 8046 1258.