For many schools, converting to Academy status offers new opportunities – but it is a complicated process that may also present significant new challenges. We specialise in guiding business managers, bursars and the finance team through the accounting, VAT, and audit requirements of becoming an Academy.
We are currently working with some of the top schools in the region to ensure that these matters are dealt with efficiently and expertly – leaving them more time to manage the school’s finances.
We are proud to currently act as auditors and advisers to many of the schools in Hampshire that have converted to Academy status.
We advise on a full range of services to ensure each school is fully compliant with the law and can make the most of its new-found financial freedom. Our dedicated team of education sector specialists are on hand with expert advice and guidance so we can meet the needs of each school.
The services we offer
- annual accounts preparation (in accordance with the Academies Accounts Direction and the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice)
- annual audit
- specialist returns to the Education and Skills Funding Agency including accounts returns, budget forecasts and the teachers’ pension scheme end of year certification audits
- internal audit
- specialist VAT advice
- advice in respect of trading subsidiaries and multi-academy trusts
- accounting software advice and support
- due diligence
- advice on forming or joining a Multi Academy Trust
Visit www.academyvat.co.uk for VAT guidance for your academy school.
For further information on our Academy Schools service, speak to Richard Hurst our Academies expert on 023 8046 1258.