HMRC Enquiry Fee Protection
Increased risk of HMRC enquiries
The likelihood of a tax enquiry by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has continued to increase and HMRC officers are now using new, wider powers to visit premises and inspect financial records. As a result, tax enquiries are at record levels and are becoming more complex resulting in professional costs of defence inevitably rising.
In the event you face investigation, we will represent you and reclaim any costs incurred in dealing with the enquiry directly from AXA Insurance UK plc. HWB will be responsible and have the discretion for making claims under the policy. You will be responsible for any fees that we cannot recover from our insurers.
So whether it’s a PAYE or VAT visit, a technical enquiry or full books and records enquiry, our tax enquiry service is designed to get you the very best result.
HWB HMRC Enquiry Fee Protection service covers
We’ve developed our tax enquiry fee protection service together with AXA Insurance UK plc. Fee protection of up to £100,000 is provided in relation to:
- Full enquiries by H M Revenue and Customs
- Aspect enquiries by H M Revenue and Customs
- A challenge following a compliance review by H M Revenue and Customs regarding PAYE regulations; and
- An appeal to a VAT or duties tribunal
Examples of what you are covered for under the terms of the policy include:
Full & aspect enquiries into
- Corporation tax returns
- Partnership tax returns
- Sole trader tax returns
- Personal tax returns
- Employer compliance (PAYE, P11D and NIC)
- Code of practice 8 enquiries
- Inheritance tax enquiries
HMRC Schedule 36 pre disputes in respect of:
- VAT control visits
- Employer compliance visits
- Check of employer records
- National Insurance wage reviews
- Requests for information
- Capital Gains Tax
- Pre-existing disputes
- Intentional breaches of legislation
- Costs incurred in connection with the normal completion of tax or VAT returns
- Tax avoidance scheme
- Any criminal prosecution
No one can prevent an investigation, but our comprehensive tax enquiry fee protection service will cover the costs and work associated in defending your business in the event of a tax enquiry.
For more information about HMRC Enquiry Fee Protection, please contact James Alesbury on 023 8046 1222.
Our HWBulletins cover a range of subjects, including some of the services that we offer and an update of the recent changes that have, or will take place.
Read latest issue.