Making Tax Digital (MTD) reminder
Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT has been extended to voluntary VAT-registered businesses, with effect from your first VAT return, starting on or after 1 April 2022.
For many businesses this will mean that your first VAT submission under the new rules will be for the VAT quarter 1 April to 31 July 2022, which will have a submission deadline of 7 August 2022.
You will need to:
- Register your business for MTD for VAT
- Keep your business VAT records digitally; and
- Submit your VAT return using Making Tax Digital software
Ways we can help with the switch to MTD for VAT are:
- Registering your business for MTD for VAT
- Implementation and training on MTD compliant software
- Keeping your VAT records and submitting your VAT return for you using MTD compliant software
- Considering whether your business should remain registered for VAT