Fee Protection Insurance
Increased risk of HMRC enquiries
The likelihood of a tax enquiry by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has continued to increase and HMRC officers are now using new, wider powers to visit premises and inspect financial records. As a result, tax enquiries are at record levels and are becoming more complex resulting in professional costs of defence inevitably rising.
Our clients can be protected from professional fees resulting from HRMC enquiries and investigations through an insurance scheme from Croner Taxwise. That leaves you free to manage your business while we handle the enquiries.
Free Employment Law and Health & Safety advice
Within the Fee Protection Insurance cover is an additional benefit – free employment law and health & safety advice from the country’s largest employment law specialist, Peninsula.
Click here to see our Fee Protection price guide.
HWB Fee Protection insurance covers:
- corporation tax and income tax enquiries
- schedule 36 interventions and inspections
- PAYE/NIC employer enquiries
- VAT enquiries
- CIS, IR35 & other status enquiries
- minimum wage enquiries
- business records checks
- inheritance tax enquiries
- special civil investigations opened under Code of Practice 8 (Indemnity limited to £5,000)
- cover up to £100,000 of professional fees for each claim
- directors & partners (including spouses, civil partners and company secretaries) covered under business policy