The likelihood of a tax enquiry by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has continued to increase and HMRC officers are now using new, wider powers to visit premises and inspect financial records. As a result, tax enquiries are at record levels and are becoming more complex resulting in professional costs of defence inevitably rising.
We offer our clients an insurance policy from Croner Taxwise to cover our professional fees incurred as a result of dealing with these investigations.
Croner TaxwisePlus Fee Protection covers:
- Corporation Tax & Income Tax Enquiries
- Schedule 36 Interventions & Inspections
- PAYE/NIC Employer Enquiries
- VAT Enquiries
- CIS, IR35 & Other Status Enquiries
- Minimum Wage Enquiries
- Business Records Checks
- Inheritance Tax Enquiries
- Special Civil Investigations Opened Under Code of Practice 8 (Indemnity limited £5,000)
- Cover up to £100,000 of professional fees for each claim
- Directors & partners (including spouses & civil partners) covered under business policy
Croner Taxwise are specialist providers of Tax Enquiry Fee Protection Insurance Schemes to Accountancy Practices and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number 304970).
All clients can also enjoy the benefits of the Employment Law and Health & Safety advice team at Peninsula for no extra cost.
With over 25,000 UK businesses as clients and more than 900 staff, Peninsula are the country’s largest Employment Law specialists and our clients have the benefit of their 30 years’ experience.
For more information about fee protection insurance, please contact James Alesbury on 023 8046 1222.
We are not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 but, in certain circumstances, we are able to offer a limited range of investment services because we are ICAEW members. We can provide these investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide.