Download our helpful Tax Card for 2019/2020
Our latest Tax Card 2019/20 has been updated with the recent announcements in the Spring Statement, allowing you to access all the key information you need in one handy place.
Following the Chancellor’s Spring Statement our HWB Tax Rate Card outlines the business and individual tax rates for the coming tax year of 2019/20. All the essential tax facts, rates and figures are provided in one handy PDF download, offering an easy point of reference all year round.
If you would prefer, please contact our office and request your printed copy.
Key changes for the 2019/20 tax year
As expected, the Spring Statement was not anticipated to bring major tax changes. How the UK is affected is somewhat dependant on the possible outcome of a no deal Brexit. For further advice to business on how to prepare for a no deal Brexit please download our checklist.
Here are some of the key tax changes for the year that we feel you should be aware of.
- Making Tax Digital (MTD) – Focus on getting ready for your transition to MTD.
- Apprenticeship Levy – From April the co-investment rate will be halved from 10% to 5% and the amount employers can transfer to supply chains increases to 25%.
- Financial Services legislation – To support leaving the EU, a period of consultation for UK business will be followed by legislation later in the year.
- Continued clamp down on tax avoidance – To prevent abuse of R&D tax relief for SMEs a period of consultation will look at how to minimise impact on businesses with genuine claims.
- Preparing for a no-deal Brexit – The Government announced a temporary tariff regime for a period of 12 months from 29 March in the event of a no deal Brexit.
Specialist Tax Accountants
If you require specialist tax accountants our expert team will deal with complex issues and help you structure your business tax efficiently.
Checklist advice to business on a no deal Brexit
Business should start preparing now for the possibility of a no deal Brexit. Download our checklist.
Making Tax Digital
Are you prepared for Making Tax Digital? Find out all you need to know to prepare for the changes coming your way.
As minimum pension contributions are set to change again this year should you review your auto enrolment setup?
You can view and download our helpful Tax Card for 2019/2020 below which we have produced as a print friendly PDF for you to download and print as you require.
The Tax Card download includes:
- UK Company Taxation
- Main Capital Allowances
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Research & Development (R&D)
- National Insurance
- Property Taxes
- Taxable Income Bands And Tax Rates
- Vehicle And Fuel Benefits In Kind (BIK)
- Tax-Free Mileage Allowances
- Capital Gains Tax (CGTt)
- Inheritance Tax (IHT)
- Tax Efficient Investments
- Registered Pensions
- Stamp Duty
These rates and allowances are based on Budget 2018 announcements made by the UK and Northern Ireland, Scottish and Welsh Governments and are for information only. All information is subject to change before 6 April 2019 and confirmation by the respective governments. The above must not be considered advice and no warranty is given for the accuracy or completeness of the details. Professional advice should be sought before making any decisions. Rates apply to the UK and Northern Ireland unless indicated otherwise.